Odisha Unlock 8 Guidelines: All you need to know
The Odisha government has issued the Unlock 8 guidelines which will be applicable in the state from January 1, 2021. Listed below are the details:
- The state’s cinema halls and theatres will be allowed to reopen with a 50 percent limit outside containment zones.
- Social, religious, sports, entertainment, academic and cultural celebrations have also been permitted. However, gatherings shall be restricted to a maximum of 200 people.
- Marriage-related gatherings have also been restricted to 200 persons, while not more than 100 persons will be permitted to attend a funeral.
- The Department of School & Mass Education, Higher Education, Skill Development and Technical Education will decide upon the date of re-opening educational institutions under their control/ administration/ supervision in a graded manner, in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Business to business (B2B) and business to consumers (B2C) exhibits will be allowed at exhibition galleries with participants and guests capped at 50 percent of the gallery’s capacity. A maximum of 200 persons will be allowed to attend in compliance of COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Higher education institutions will be open only for research scholars (PhD) and post-graduate students in the science and technology sector who require laboratory/ experimental activity. The rest of the institutions have been asked to continue with their online learning process.
- Excluding those authorised by MHA, international air travel will continue to remain closed till January 31, 2021.
- Department of Sports and Youth Services owned, controlled & recognised swimming pools will be allowed to open for sportspersons’ training.
- There shall be no restraint on the inter-state and intra-state movement of persons, private vehicles and goods including those for cross land-border trade under treaties with neighbouring countries.
- In the event of a lockdown enforced in a containment zone, only essential activities will be allowed.