Odisha Extends Partial Lockdown Till July 16: Details
Odisha Chief Secretary Suresh Mohapatra confirmed that the state has extended the partial lockdown till July 16. The districts have been divided into Category A & B, and different rules and regulations will apply in each.
Category A consists of 20 districts where Test Positivity Rate (TPR) is less than 5% – including Angul, Dhenkanal, Keonjhar, Sundargarh, Jharsuguda, Bargarh, Sambalpur, Deogarh, Kalahandi, Balangir, Nuapada, Sonepur, Ganjam, Gajapati, Kandhamal, Boudh, Koraput, Nabarangpur, Malkangiri and Rayagada.
The other ten districts have been classified into category B where the TPR is above 5%. These districts include Nayagarh, Puri, Khordha, Cuttack, Mayurbhanj, Jajpur, Kendrapada, Jagatsinghpur, Bhadrak and Balasore.
Guidelines for Category A:
- All shops in these districts are allowed to operate from 6 am to 6 pm
- The weekend shutdown has been withdrawn
- All businesses can run daily from 6 am to 6 pm except malls, spas and parlours
- Bus transport is resumed but under strict adherence to Covid protocols. Buses are allowed to pick up passengers up to seating capacity
- Taxis and autos can carry a maximum of 2 persons
- Small hair salons are allowed to operate
- Outdoor & indoor film shooting can resume while daily markets and weekly Haats have also been permitted
Guidelines for Category B:
- Weekend shutdown to continue
- Bus transport to remain suspended
- Malls, Cinema halls and Jatras to remain shut