Naveen Patnaik addresses Legislators in COVID-19 Workshop
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik addressed a workshop on COVID-19 for the legislators through video conferencing. Patnaik requested the MLAs to lead by example, governing their constituencies in a manner that restrains the spread of coronavirus.
The highlights of the meeting are as follows:
- The government’s primary objective is to save every human life. Patnaik appealed to the people of Odisha to follow all the guidelines given by the government.
- Patnaik also stressed that the government alone cannot enforce rules at every location. To control the virus, every individual has to take responsibility, including all members of the Assembly.
- The CM expressed his appreciation for all frontline workers. “It’s not an easy task to work continuously in an environment of uncertainty, but our COVID warriors despite getting infected themselves, despite their families getting infected, despite their lives been lost, have put up a valiant front for the last 150 days,” he said.
- Odisha has managed to cure over 18,000 people, more than most states in the country, added Patnaik.
- He stressed upon the fact that funds would never be a restraint when it comes to protecting the people of Odisha. The State is taking care of all healthcare expenses. This includes travel, quarantine, testing, tracing, treatment, as well as food, accommodation and more. “Whatever best treatment is available in any part of the world, Odisha will implement the same and make it accessible to our people free of cost,” he said.
While concluding the meeting, the Chief Minister stated that a series of livelihood interventions and industrial sector programmes will be launched to resurrect the economy, which will ensure Odisha comes out of the pandemic stronger. Other speakers who addressed the meeting include S.N. Patro, the speaker of the house, Pradipta Naik, Leader of Opposition and Narsingh Mishra, leader of the Congress legislature party.