Cuttack Municipal Corporation Issues Guidelines For Ramzan
As preparations begin for the month of Ramzan, the Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC) has issued guidelines that are required to be followed by all the mosques for the entire period.
This decision was taken as the state witnesses a sudden rise in COVID-19 cases. In such times, the health of the general public is of utmost priority.
The guidelines mentioned are as follows:
- Gatherings for Namaz inside or outside of the mosque premises is capped at 100 persons or 50% of the hall capacity, whichever is lesser
- The mosque management committee is responsible for the token-wise entry of devotees
- Social distancing norms should be maintained at all times
- Common washing places for ablution will not be provided, rather only running water will be given
- Persons with co-morbidities, senior citizens and children below the age of five are not allowed
- Usage of masks is compulsory
- Thermal scanning and hand sanitisers should be provided before and after prayers
Meanwhile, the Ganjam district administration also recently decided to close all public places from April 14 to April 21 because of the second wave of COVID-19. This includes all the religious institutions in the district.
“It is hereby ordered that all religious institutions of Ganjam district are closed for public for next seven days from 14.04.2021 to 21.04.2021. During this time, all religious places will be sanitized and Sevayats/Priests will ensure only daily rituals in religious places,” an order of the District Emergency Operation Centre said.
“All public places like parks, grounds, sea beach and lake shall be closed for 7 (seven) days with effect from 14-04-2021 to 21-04-2021 for maintenance and sanitization purposes,” the order said.