State Cabinet Approves A Host Of Proposals
The state cabinet, under the leadership of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, met and approved the following proposals on Tuesday:
- To facilitate the growth of the handicrafts sector, the cabinet approved the Odisha Handicrafts Policy 2019. This policy will help handicraft artisans become lead partners in development, will enable them to focus on the welfare of artisans, maximize their income among other benefits.
- The state cabinet approved the proposal for upgrading Asian School of Business Management into a university. This will help the institution to expand and compete against the best universities.
- The proposal for execution of the Rural Piped Water Supply Projects in Bhadrak district out of State Plan RIDF funding was approved. Due to this, approximately 6,16,838 people from 526 villages under 84 GPs of four blocks will have access to safe drinking water. The work is scheduled to complete within 24 months.
- Similar projects for drinking water were approved in Keonjhar, Angul and other areas. Additionally, measures will be taken to provide clean drinking water in Khorda, Mayurbhanj and Dhenkanal districts as well.
- A proposal for Odisha Children’s and Women’s Welfare Services (Amendment) Rules, 2018 was approved. The rules state that 47 per cent of the total strength of Junior Grade Service will be filled by direct recruitment, three per cent by promotion from among LVLWs and 50 per cent will be selected from AWWs.
- The outlay of the Swasthya Sahay witnessed an increase from Rs 6,622.82 lakh to Rs 51,741.78 lakh. This was as a result of new activities including the ASHA Kalyan Yojana.
- The budgetary allocation of the SAMMPurNA initiative, for the period of 2015-16 to 2019-20 has been increased from Rs 21,141.69 lakh to Rs 39,829.59 lakhs, due to the inclusion of various new programmes.
- Under the Nidan, Sahaya and Free Healthcare Services, provision of free diagnostic, dialysis, healthcare services for all types of patients has been enhanced to Rs 75,750.75 lakh
- Kharif assistance will be provided on Akshaya Tritiya and Rabi assistance on Nuakhai every year, under the KALIA scheme
- The framing of the “Odisha Secretariat Data Entry Operators (Method of Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Amendment Rules, 2019” was also approved.
By announcing such important initiatives, coupled with numerous award-winning welfare programmes, the government has reiterated its vision of developing Odisha into one of the fastest growing states in the country.