Patnaik Inaugurates Series Of Projects For Bhubaneswar
While addressing a huge crowd at the Janta Maidan, CM Naveen Patnaik inaugurated several major projects for Bhubaneswar. Among other notable announcements, the CM declared a special package of Rs 1,000 crore for drainage development over Bhubaneswar, addressing the urban flooding and water-logging in low-lying areas.
Patnaik issued 8,665 entitlement certificates, 104 final allotment letters and 130 provisional allotments letters to slum dwellers of Bhubaneswar under Mission Abaas – a state housing scheme. Furthermore, more than 2,000 allotment letters had already been distributed before making houses available to more than 10,000 slum residents across the city.
- Other notable announcements from the BJD gathering on Wednesday:
- A housing project was inaugurated at Rangamatia and Nirman Shramik Rahani Sthal worth Rs 59 crores.
- Foundation stones of 40 projects worth Rs 1,160 Crore were laid of the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC), Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA), Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited (OPTCL), Capital Region Urban Transport (CRUT), Bhubaneswar Smart City Limited (BSCL) and Tourism Department.
- Foundation stones of seven projects that included roads and buildings by the Public Works Department were laid.
- The ‘Bhubaneswar.me‘ unified portal, developed under the Bhubaneswar Smart City Project, was launched. This would provide comprehensive information about the city to tourists and residents.