Investment Proposals Worth Rs 2435 Crore Approved By Government
The Odisha Government has approved investment proposals worth Rs 2435 crore across various sectors which is expected to provide employment opportunities to over 5000 people in the state. This decision was taken in a State Level Single Window Authority (SLSWA) meeting headed by chief secretary A K Tripathy.
The sectors covered under this project include infrastructure, power, metal, food processing among others. State government officials have been instructed to chalk out a thorough assessment of land and water requirement for the projects so as to expedite the process.
Below is a list of the projects that have been approved along with their investment values:
• Ion Exchange Limited to set up a manufacturing plant of anion and resin at Paradip worth Rs 166 crore
• Ratnamani Metals and Tubes Limited to set up steel pipe manufacturing unit at Kalinganagar worth Rs 156 crore
• Metaliks Limited to set up iron pipe plant at Kalinganagar worth Rs 504 crore
• The Highland Agro project to set up shrimp processing and cold chain unit at Balasore worth Rs 53 crore
• NHPC to set up a 40MW solar power plant in Ganjam district worth Rs 196 crore
• Aditya Birla Renewable Limited to set up a solar power plant of 75MW at Boudh, Bargarh and Bolangir districts worth Rs 352 crore
In addition to this, some key projects that received approval include Kamaljit Singh Ahluwalia’s steel plant expansion in Keonjhar worth Rs 593 crore, Suraj Product Limited’s steel plant expansion project in Sundergarh worth Rs 50 crore among others.