Odisha Corona Update: 100% Increase in New Cases Week-on-Week
As corona cases continue to rise across Odisha, here’s a quick update of all major developments that took place in the last week – from July 20 to July 26 – with regard to Covid-19.
- Covid-19 positive cases continue to surge in Odisha with 8782 new infections reported over the last week. This makes it the highest weekly rise of Covid-19 infections in the state. Notably, this also accounts for a 100% increase in new cases compared to the preceding week.
The following graph provides a snapshot of the new cases reported day by day.
- On the bright side, about 4340 patients in Odisha recovered from the virus in the last 7 days.
- Rayagada is slowly emerging as a new hotspot, recording over 400 new cases in the week gone by.
- The total tally of deaths in the state due to Covid-19 is at 147.
- Ganjam continues to be the worst-affected district in the state recording 3403 new infections in the last week. Notably, this is more than twice the number reported in the preceding week.
- The total tally of Covid-19 positive cases has touched the 2000 mark in the capital city of Bhubaneswar.
- The first phase of the serological survey conducted in Bhubaneswar indicated that 1.4% of the persons tested had developed antibodies for Covid-19. This is much lower compared to Delhi, Mumbai where the rate is close to 24%.
- The first patient treated with Plasma Therapy in the state successfully recovered from the virus.
- BJD MLA Srikant Sahu from Polasara constituency became the 5th legislator to test positive for Covid-19 in the state.