Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Release Date, Specifications and Features
Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has been one of the most-awaited games of this decade. After a one year hiatus, the next installation is set to release in 2020. This time the story will revolve around the Vikings clashing with the Saxons in an attempt to conquer England.
With the amount of buzz being generated around the upcoming addition to Assassin’s Creed franchise, some suggest Valhalla could redefine the genre.
Here is everything you need to know about Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
Release Date of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
It is rumoured that the game will be out on November 17. Like its predecessors, the game will be available on Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Stadia and PC.
Release Date on PC
Valhalla’s PC version will release on November 17 exclusively at Epic Games Store and the Ubisoft Store. However, the launch date on Steam is still unknown.
Where is Assassin’s Creed Valhalla set and who is the main Villain?
The game will be set in England and the player is going to be the leader of the Vikings who is fleeing Norway. The villain shown in the cinematic trailer is King Alfred of Wessex.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla introduces players to the four kingdoms of Anglo-Saxon England. Each Kingdom is touted to have its own historical importance. The players will travel through Wessex, Northumbria, East Anglia, and Mercia and they’ll be able to return to Norway at any point in the game. You are also likely to catch a glimpse of Hadrian’s Wall and Stonehenge in the game.
Features and Gameplay of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Assassin’s Creed always experiments with certain features with every instalment. From the initial reviews, it seems that the game is moving towards the RPG genre. Some of the key aspects you can expect in this edition are –
- As in the previous Assassin’s Creed game, Odyssey, you’ll be able to play as either a male or a female Viking.
- The skill tree is coming back. The game will allow you to specialise in melee, ranged or stealth attacks named after three animals – Bear, Raven and Wolf.
- You’ll experience enhanced in-game abilities such as Odin’s Sight.
- Players can expect a lot of seafaring, marshlands, and hillsides for exploration.
- You can forge alliances with the kingdoms and get to decide how brutal you want to be with your opponents in battle.
- Hunting and gathering will be important to replenish stamina, stock up for boss encounters, and battles.
- Just like Odyssey, the game will feature creatures from Nordic mythology.
- Raids will be an important part of the game. There will be multi-stage assaults on enemy forts involving a lot of strategies.
- The game will feature Viking mini-games like drinking and marksmanship. Socializing will be crucial as it’ll help the character forge relationships.
With these details courtesy the Ubisoft Forward event that was held on July 12, it seems like Valhalla could be one of the biggest games of the year. We can’t wait to get our hands on it. What are your expectations from the next Assassin’s Creed Instalment, share in comments.