Odisha Approves Seven Mega Investment Proposals worth ₹3205 crores
In a meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Asit Kumar Tripathy, the Odisha government approved seven investment proposals worth ₹3205 crores in Metal & Metal Downstream, Infrastructure, Tourism and Cement sectors. These projects combined would generate employment for 2494 people in the state. The investment proposals were approved at the State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) after Hemant Sharma, Principal Secretary, Industries outlined the project proposals.
The SLSWCA approved seven projects which include:
- With an expenditure of Rs. 801.89 crore, M/s MGM Minerals Limited will expand its presence by installing 0.125 MTPA Sponge Iron Plant, 0.6 MTPA Pellet Plant, 0.25 MTPA MS Billets, 0.25 MTPA TMT & Wire Rods and 40 MW Captive Power Plant at Nimdha in Dhenkanal. This project would employ about 1215 people.
- M/s GM Iron & Steel Company Limited to set up 0.8 MTPA Pellet Plant, 0.2379 MTPA DRI plant, 0.195 MTPA Billet, 0.24 MTPA Wire Rod Mill, 0.416 MTPA Slag Cement and 46 MW Captive Power Plant in Dhenkanal. An investment of Rs. 607.52 crore has been earmarked for the project, which is likely to generate employment opportunities for 592 people.
- M/s. Envirocare Infrasolution Pvt. Ltd’s proposal has been approved for setting up Iron Ore Beneficiation Plant of 3.6 MTPA capacity at Koira in Sundergarh. The total investment will be worth Rs. 60 crores, employing around 175 people.
- For Rs. 696 crores, a proposal of M/s Hindalco Industries Limited was approved for setting up Flue Gas Desulphurization Plant (FGD) for its existing CPP (6×150 MW) at Lapanga, Sambalpur. This project will employ 50 people.
- The proposal of M/s. Lifeline Multi-ventures Pvt. Ltd. was approved for establishing a 5-star hotel in Bhubaneswar with a total investment of Rs. 150.38 Crore employing 240 people.
- M/s. JSW Cement Ltd’s proposal for expansion of cement grinding capacity from 1.2 MTPA to 2.4 MTPA at Kalinga Nagar, Jajpur, with an investment of Rs. 489.88 crores has been approved. This will employ around 68 people.
- M/s. Jajpur Cements Pvt. Ltd’s proposal for extension of cement grinding capacity from 0.5 MTPA to 1.5 MTPA at Kalinga Nagara, Jajpur, with an investment Rs. 400.00 crores has also been approved. This project will render employment opportunities for 154 people.