Investment Worth 1036 Crore Planned From Seven Industrial Sectors
A State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Aditya Prasad Padhi approved 7 investment proposals spanning over sectors of food processing, plastics, tourism, logistics and metal envisaging an investment of Rs 1,036.39 crores. Employment opportunities for over 2,778 persons will be generated through this process. Padhi directed the District Single Window Clearance Authorities (DLSWCA) to hold regular meetings and look into the proposals received.
The approved projects include:
- M/S Supreme Industries Ltd setting up a manufacturing unit in Khordha district for the production of plastic pipes, PVC water tanks and allied products with an investment of Rs 151.30 crore and creation of job opportunity for 320 people
- M/S Bhagirathi Packaging Pvt Ltd, an associate company of Fogla Group, to set up polypropylene ( PP) woven bags production unit in Bhadrak district with an investment of Rs 60.29 crore and employment potential of 500 people
- M/S Mayfair Hotels and Resort Ltd to set up a Convention Center with 4,000 capacity at Bhubaneswar with an investment of Rs 300 crore and employment potential of 850 people.
The SLSWCA also cleared the proposal for two food processing units:
- Thailand based Intecqc Feed Co Ltd for setting up a shrimp feed manufacturing unit in Khordha district with an investment of Rs 107.88 crore and employment potential of 205 people
- M/S Explore Food Pvt Ltd for manufacturing of ready-to-eat snacks unit in Khordha with an investment of Rs 51.40 crore and employment potential of 194 people
Other proposals approved are from Odisha based entrepreneurs including:
- M/S Chalah Infratech Pvt Ltd to set up a Logistic Park in Khordha district at Rs 99.80 crore and create job opportunities for 234 people
- M/S KAI International Pvt Ltd for setting up iron ore beneficiation and pellet plant in Sundargarh district with an investment of Rs 265.72 crore and creation of job opportunities for 475 people
As per sources, the SLSWCA recommended five more investment proposals for approval of the high-level clearance authority headed by CM Naveen Patnaik as each project is worth Rs 1000 crore and above.