CM Patnaik praises Odisha’s Development at 93rd Annual Convention of FICCI
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, speaking on the subject ‘Aspiring Odisha for Inspired India’ at the 93rd annual convention of FICCI, stated that the state is set to achieve its goal of becoming a world-class industrial destination due to a powerful governance mechanism.
Patnaik highlighted the state’s industrial ecosystem and growth in the last two decades stating the following points:
- The state government officials have held discussions with institutions and industries from Japan, the Republic of Korea, the USA and Vietnam to showcase the business ecosystem and investment opportunities in Odisha.
- Various departments of the state have developed over 30 online government-to-business services for the industries. This will reduce the regulatory burden on enterprises.
- The government officials are made to assure punctual services to the investors, and time limits subjected to investment have been established under the state’s Right to Public Services Act.
- The vital position of the state’s leadership on the land bank initiative and dedicated industrial clusters to attract investments.
- The current governance initiatives like 5T and Mo Sarkar have performed a significant role in creating a favourable business ecosystem by instilling professionalism and behavioural development in the state government agencies.
Patnaik also went on to praise FICCI’s partnership as it has helped in achieving multi-dimensional progress traversing across investment promotion, policy advocacy and promoting entrepreneurship, particularly amongst women and start-ups.
“With over 90 years of history, FICCI has been doing a remarkable job in the industrial development of India,” the CM said. Further, Patnaik requested FICCI’s support for the third edition of Make in Odisha.
Industry leaders Harsh Pati Singhania, MD of JK Paper Limited, Sangita Reddy, FICCI president and managing director of Apollo Hospitals, and Sandip Somany, MD of HSIL also spoke during the meeting. Chief Secretary, Development Commissioner, Agriculture Production Commissioner, Industries Department Principal Secretary, CMD IDCO and MD IPICOL were among other officials who attended the event.